Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Assignment #1

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is a blog I had to make for an English grade. I'm not going to lie, I really don't think I'm going to like this but (like my title says) here we go...

I have been reading what other people wrote on here and I'm super jealous of the fact that they seem to be able to write so effortlessly. I guess I just don't really like people reading the things that I write or how I feel but I'm going to have to get used to it.

In class right now we are talking about the Native American culture. All of the stories we have read have been about creation. I love the fact that all the myths are so different. It makes me wonder where they came up with the things that they did. They are so creative and descriptive. Next to our view of creation, the myths are nothing like it. It just amazes me that they could be so different.

Another thing that I have definitely learned from all of this is that in nature there is so much out there. Today, nature is not a part of our culture really. To be honest, I have always hated being outside and being around nature. Maybe I have been judging too soon though. The Native Americans really connected with nature in a way that people today don't seem to do. I'm not saying that our spirit guide should be anyone besides God, I'm just saying that God made the nature that they worshiped and I think that we would benefit if we spend some more time outside enjoying what he gave us. So challenge yourself this week. Go outside and look around. Maybe you will like being outside and feel more connected to your God like the Native Americans did.

1 comment:

  1. The Native Americans have the connection to nature that many of us have lost because of the way we live. You have a good idea to get outside and experience nature. That actually will become a class assignment later this school year. This is a good reflection.

    ReplyDelete