Monday, October 4, 2010

Assignment #4

At tennis today I was returning one of my teammates serves and the ball I hit went straight into the net and my coach turned to me and started teaching me how to change my swings so that I can consistently get the ball over the net. Immediately I tied this experience to religion.

Each experience in your life is just another serve coming at you. Some are harder to deal with then others. God is our coach. If we trust in him and what he says we are going to be able to be successful and get the ball over the net. You have to trust in both your coach and yourself to be successful in situations that you go through in your life. Let God be your coach and you will see a huge difference in the way you take situations.

2 comments:

  1. Great reflection! Many people can relate to what you are saying. When I am playing a sport and I listen to my coach, this is what I should be doing with God. I should not question what he is throwing at me but absorb the situation and grow from it. I loved how you said each experience is just another serve coming at you. We can't stop the experiences coming at us, but we can change how we react to them. I think many atheletes can relate to your devotion about having God as your coach. :)

    ReplyDelete