Monday, October 11, 2010

Assignment #5

The Crucible has been a lot more interesting then I was expecting it to be. I have always had a little interest in the Salem Witch Trials so when I heard that that is what this play was about I was kind of excited. I didn't realize that there would also be all of the drama that there is. I find it very interesting how each person is reacting to the girls sickness. Some people believe that the children are bewitched while others know that they are faking. I also find it interesting that the children thought to act bewitched so that they could get out of Mr. Parris seeing them in the woods. When I was reading the play, before we talked about it in class, I did not realize that is what was happening. Now though, it makes much more sense. I am excited to keep reading and to see where each character ends up and what secrets come out.

1 comment: